Cautiously choose your career
Cautiously Choose Your Career – Checkout Why OR Why Do You Need to Cautiously Choose Your Career? OR ‘Interest’ Play a Crucial Role in Choosing Right Career
Thoughts like, “Why am I wasting my time on this boring subject?” surely comes into our mind when a subjects don’t interest us much. If we continue to stretch it, without getting positive results than frustration is bound to set in.
A similar type of situation also arises when we choose a career without thinking what exactly interests us and for what we are passionate about. We don’t enjoy it and later regret upon our bad decision taken in life. We then realize that interest matters a lot while choosing one’s career and carrying it further to lead a happy and meaningful life.
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”
Most students choose popular courses like Engineering, Law, Medicine, Management on the basis of large career prospects or the pay scale they offer. Finally, a large number of students end up their career with unsatisfactory professional life and many unable to find a good job in these popular professions.
Make a Choice
It matters a lot whether a particular career is of one’s choice or imposed by the circumstances. Dreams and desires are the driving forces of our life. If we work towards achieving them then it becomes a pleasurable job or otherwise becomes a mere labour work.
You should cautiously choose a career that interests you otherwise it causes troublesome issues in our life, few of them are discussed below:
- Increase in discontentment and dissatisfaction in your life – The continuous thought of being ‘in the wrong place’ will make you anxious and eat your peace of mind.
- Slow progress in the chosen field – It is quite obvious that when you are not interested in studying a subject or doing a work, which is being forced upon you by circumstances or parents or peers. Then, you won’t be able to put 100% of your efforts and would not progress much.
- Every morning will start with fear – The constant pressure to perform well in the subject, project or career that disinterests you may bog you down further. This is likely to crumble your confidence and self-esteem.
“Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”
It is important to follow your heart because success always comes where your heart is. Your personal interests matter a lot while choosing a career. Getting influenced by peer pressure or following parent’s decision without understanding your own interests is like driving a car without a steering. You will go where the wheels will go and end up in a crash. This kind of approach (directionless) towards career actually does not work in present highly competitive job market where every work completed needs to be perfect and flawless.
If one finds it difficult to choose a career field, one should definitely take career guidance or counselling from expert career consultants who use scientifically proven methods to identify an individual’s talent, passion or right career path that matches his/her interests.
There are a number of benefits if you choose a career that interests you as it brings success and happiness to your life in totality. Some of the positive effects are given below:
- You will enjoy the chosen field and perform better.
- You will not hesitate to take up the project to the next higher level and sort all difficulties with confidence.
- You will become more productive and simultaneously growth and success will follow you.
- You will face less frustration or de-motivation caused by excess labour or any kind of failure arising from such work.
- You become more innovative with each difficulty faced and discover new avenues to accomplish the task.
“Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.”
It is true that Career based on personal interests aligns with our strength and living becomes more pleasurable whatever the circumstances arise. It is important to identify the activities or hobbies that you enjoy and align them with your education and training modules.
You should inculcate a point-system to identify the best suitable fields (career) and pursue it with all your heart and soul. Very few are able to realise his/her dream in their lifetime and many of us just do adjustments with their careers. If you do not feel confident in any chosen field and repeatedly face failure then without wasting time, taking a professional career counselling can help you to save a lot of time, money and energy.
Best of Luck!