Does Career Guidance for 12th std Students are Necessary ?
A student usually approaches a career counsellor when he or she is not sure about choosing a particular career. Selecting an option determines your course of life. While a good decision can make your life better, while a bad one can ruin it completely. Some of the benefits of career counselling for 12th std students are as follows:
- Firstly, it helps in determining a student’s true potential. There are students who are clear as to what they want to become and also the ones that are confused or have no idea about their career preference. An aptitude test or personalised career counselling conducted by a career counsellor can help students find the right career options and fields that interest them. On the basis of counselling results, students can make their choice.
- Secondly, students are able to clear doubts. Despite having a clear idea as to what they want to achieve in life, some students do not know the career path they want to follow. A counselling session by Elysian Inspires can help students clear these doubts by giving them a clear cut view of what they can expect from different educational institutions.
- Lastly, it provides support and motivation. A career counsellor boosts the morale of the student by understanding the kind of requirements. Building the motivational level of the student is necessary for long-term success. This aids in improving overall performance too.
Online career counselling for 12th std students by ElysianTM Inspires offers all that is required for a parent and student to choose their journey in college and to lay a strong foundation for the future. Professional career counselling gives recent information on the courses and degrees that are highly valued by the companies and also provides additional information on which course can increase their chances in the near future depending on the world business scenario. Furthermore, the centre also guides parents on the university, fees structure and other valid information required for parents and students to choose a course. What else does one require other than choosing the right career path which would bring you the right kind of job with the right pay to lead a happy life.
Are you a student who brings marks or have you not attained the desired marks in 12th, don’t worry. Come to ElysianTM Inspires in Chennai and attend our career counselling and we direct you to the ideal career stream with perfection.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) What is career counselling for class 12th students?
Career counselling for class 12th students in Elysian Inspires is primarily meant to help students identify their passion, as well as, find the appropriate career for them. Students receive assistance in examining their likes and dislikes in addition to their talents and limitations. The counsellor helps students identify a number of different career options, as well as, helps them develop an aptitude test to identify which career they are best suited for.
2) What are the steps of career counselling for 12th students?
Step 1: Career Counselling Questionnaire
The career counselling process involves the counsellor asking a number of questions, the answers to which depend on the career counselling questionnaire.
Step 2: Contextual Interview
After the questionnaire is completed, the counsellor interviews the teenager on a number of topics. The topics include:
Questions on an individual's personality. Questions on the achievements of the teenager. Questions on the teenager's interests. Questions on the teenager's family and situation at home. Questions on the teenager's extracurricular activities.
Step 3: Personal Assessment
The counsellor then asks the teenager to complete a number of assessment tools. These tools include the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), the Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI), and the Vocational Interest Inventory
3) Can I get face-to-face career counselling?
Yes, In Elysian Inspires, through face to face career counselling the counsellor can identify the cause of the issue and offer solutions. The counselor can answer questions, give suggestions and refer for further assistance if needed. The career counsellor also helps the client with skill building.