Important Entrance Exams After Class XII
A Guide to Important Entrance Exams After Class XII Exam
There are a number of career options with a huge scope for career development in the future, other than common graduation streams like accounts, humanities and commerce.
It is always advisable to introspect one’s interests, passion, and aptitude and cautiously choose a career path. Here, a single academic counselling session from a trusted career counsellor can help you greatly, in exploring different academic and career options available, in the market.
In India, before taking up professional UG courses, one has to clear the entrance exams, apart from the class XII school examinations.
The major Professional Courses that require you to take entrance exams are:
• Engineering Entrance exam
• Medical Entrance Tests
• Architecture Entrance Tests
• Defence and Marine Entrance Exam
• Hotel Management Entrance Exam
• Law Entrance Exam
Below, we have compiled a list of top entrance exams in India, that you can undertake after class 12th exam for conventional and non-conventional UG courses.
We have also provided the link address to get more and exact details of the respective exam.
Engineering – Entrance Exam after 12th Class
1. JEE Main: Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main is the national level undergraduate engineering entrance exam. The JEE (Main) is the gateway for the admission to various B.Tech /B.E. programs offered by 23 IIITs, 31 NITs and 23 CFTIs.
The JEE Main is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA), twice a year (from the year 2019). It is computer-based entrance exam. The JEE Main is the qualifying exam for JEE Advanced exam, through which candidates can get admission to 23 IITs.
The new changes in JEE Main 2019 allows candidates to appear twice for the entrance exam, in a given year. The better of the two scores will be used for the purpose of final ranking as per the regulations laid by the governing authorities.
For more details check : https://jeemain.nic.in/
2. JEE Advanced: It is conducted by one of the IITs every year (this year -2019, by IIT Roorkee). Only JEE Mains qualifying students are eligible to take this test. JEE Advanced 2019 exam date is on 27th May 2019. The admissions to the Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s and Dual Degree programs (entry at the 10+2 level) in all 23 IITs are done on the basis of JEE Advanced 2019 ranks.
For more details check : https://jeeadv.ac.in/
3. BITSAT: The Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test are administered to Class 12th students for admission to the engineering degree courses for the BITs – Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses. It is a computer based entrance exam, for admission to BITS Engineering, Pharmacy, Information Systems and other courses. Exam Notifications are given in the month of December and online tests are held in the month of May.
For more details check : https://www.bitsadmission.com/
4. VITEEE: Vellore Institute of Technology conducts Engineering Entrance test (VITEEE) for admission of students to its various B.Tech Degree programs for its Vellore and Chennai campuses. The online applications are available from December. The exam is held once a year and the exam duration is of 2hours and 30minutes.
For more details check : http://www.vit.ac.in/
5. Manipal MU OET: All India Manipal University Online Entrance Test (MU-OET) is conducted for selecting students seeking admission in its various Engineering courses. The Manipal Institute of Technology offers 16 programs of study at the B.Tech Level and also provides Lateral Entry to B.Tech programs. The exams are held in April month.
For more details check : https://manipal.edu/
Architecture Entrance Exam after Class 12th
1. NATA: The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is a national level undergraduate exam which is conducted by Council of Architecture (COA) for admission to 5-year B.Arch program. The NATA qualified candidates get admission into B.Arch program offered by various Government, Government-aided, Private Unaided, University Departments and Deemed Universities of the country. From this year 2019, the exam would be conducted twice a year – first in April month and the second in July month. Candidates will be able to take one or both the attempts of NATA 2019 and the better of the two scores will be considered for final selection
For more details check : http://www.nata.in/
Medical Entrance Tests after 12th class
1. NEET – UG: The National Eligibility – cum- Entrance Exam (NEET) for Under Graduates is considered to be the country’s largest medical entrance exam. The NEET is conducted for admission to medical, dental and AYUSH courses. It is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
After qualifying NEET, candidates are required to appear for the national and state level counselling processes. The admission to MBBS and BDS courses are taken on the basis of merit (NEET score) and preferences (choices submitted) basis. The NEET UG is a 3 hour long paper comprising three sections namely as Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology).
For more details check : https://www.ntaneet.nic.in/
2. AIIMS MBBS: The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) conducts a national level entrance exam for admission to its MBBS seats. AIIMS offers admission to its all MBBS seats available across 15 AIIMS colleges. The entrance exam is scheduled to be conducted in the month of May for the academic year 2019-20. The entrance exam of AIIMS MBBS 2019 is of duration 3 hours and 30 minutes. The mode of conduct of AIIMS MBBS 2019 exam by online only.
For more details check : https://www.aiimsexams.org/
3. JIPMER MBBS Entrance Test: Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) is a national level exam which is held for 200 MBBS seats available at JIPMER, Puducherry and Karaikal campuses. JIPMER, an Institute of National Importance, conducts the entrance exam for the MBBS course annually in online mode only. The entrance exam duration is of 2 hours and 30 minutes.
For more details check : http://www.jipmer.edu.in/
4. AIPVT: The All India Pre-Veterinary Test is a national level entrance exam conducted for class 12th students, seeking admission to 5 years B. VSc and AH courses. Qualified students get admission into government veterinary colleges.
For more details check : https://aipvt.vci.nic.in/
5. Indian Army B.Sc Nursing: Admissions to the four years B Sc. (Nursing) Course at six Colleges of Nursing of Armed Forces Medical Services is through the Indian Army BSc Nursing Entrance exam. Only female candidates are eligible to take this exam. Admissions are based on merit, choice given, medical fitness of the candidate and the vacancies available in each college. The selected candidates will be required to execute an agreement/bond to serve in the Military Nursing Service on admission to the course. The exam duration is of 1 hour 30minutes and qualified students are interviewed for final selection.
For more details check : https://admission.aglasem.com/indian-army-b-sc-nursing-application-form/
Defence and Marine Entrance Exam after Class 12th
1. NDA Exam: It’s an all India entrance exam for students who wish to join defence force and serve the nation. Qualified candidates can join the Army, Air Force and Navy as per their passing percentage during their training period. The exam is conducted in offline mode and consists of 2 sections- Mathematics and General Ability Test. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to take the test.
For more details check : https://upsc.gov.in/
2.Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test: It is a national level entrance test for students seeking admission in Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) after 12th class. It is organized by Indian Maritime University (IMU). The exam is a computer-based and students with a science background are eligible.
For more details check : https://www.imu.edu.in/
3. Indian Navy B.Tech Entry Scheme: Indian Navy conducts a national entrance exam for students who wish to join the prestigious Indian Naval Academy (INA). It is a 4-year degree course and only unmarried male candidates are eligible.
For more details check : https://www.joinindiannavy.gov.in/en/event/officer-entry-10-2-b-tech-jan-2018-batch.html
Hotel Management Entrance Exam:
1. NCHMCT JEE: NCHM JEE is a national level exam conducted once a year by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to under graduate courses in hospitality. Candidates giving NCHM JEE can take admission in 2 under graduate courses – B.Sc. in Hospitality & Hotel Administration (Generic or Specialization).
The NCHMT is an autonomous body, comes under the Ministry of Tourism. It regulates admission to professional courses that are offered at the various affiliated 21 Central Institutes of Hotel Management, 21 State Government Institutes of Hotel Management, 20 Private Institutes of Hotel Management and Public Sector Undertaking. The online exam is of 3hours duration and usually held in the month of April.
For more details check : http://nchm.nic.in/
Law Entrance Exams:
1. CLAT: The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is conducted for admission to Undergraduate and postgraduate programs at 21 National Law Universities. The national level law entrance exam is held to offer admissions into the under graduate law programs including B.A LL.B, B.B.A LL.B, B.Com LL.B, and B.Sc LL.B courses. The test is conducted once in a year and is of 2-hour duration.
For more details check : https://clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in/
2. LSAT: The Law School Admission Test India (LSAT India) forms the basis for law aspirants’ admission to the 5 year integrated undergraduate program offered by around 85 law schools in India. It is an offline test conducted by Pearson VUE on behalf of the Law School Admission Council based out of USA.
For more details check : https://www.lsac.org/lsat
3. AILET: The All India Law Entrance Test also known as AILET is conducted by National Law University, Delhi for admissions to undergraduate law programs in the NLU. The exam is conducted in offline mode. It offers 70 seats to 5-year integrated law program (B.A LL.B).
For more details check : https://nludelhi.ac.in/
We hope that the above mentioned details will give you an idea on the most popular exams held in different streams in India. The different states of India also conducts its own common entrance exams in medical and engineering streams. None of these exams are impossible to crack. With the right career guidance, learning style, motivation and dedication, you can definitely crack these exams.
If you are in class 10th or 11th class, then this is the right time for you to decide on the right profession you are interested in. If you don’t feel confident enough or confused over your subject choices, then do contact us. We use scientific methods – DMIT to guide you to choose your right path after class 12th exam.
Wishing you all the best!